INTERNATIONAL YUDANSHA INSTRUCTIONS - SHODAN TO YONDAN
Feb 9, 2019
FOR EXAMINATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
BEFORE YOUR EXAMINATION:
1. Check that your dojo has been a member of the CAA for at least a year.
2. The dojo-cho must verify that the student satisfies the minimum requirement of years in rank and training days.
- It is the responsibility of the dojo-cho to keep track of training days for their students.
- For nidan or above, training days are from the date of registration of the last rank (not the date of the previous exam).
- The date of registration of each dan rank is listed in the yudansha book.
- A training day is defined as one day regardless of the number of times an individual trained that day.
3. The student must submit the standard online application form for their new rank at least four weeks before the actual examination, including the names of all members of the testing board. Add the note: “Request for Delegation of Examination” in the Additional Information section. The processing clerk will verify the application with the Examiners and the Division Head.
4. For new members of the CAA being promoted to nidan and above:
- Email an image of the IAF registration (photo page) and Dan registration page from your yudansha book to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cell phone photo image is fine as long as it is clear and legible.
- If you don’t have your book, send an image of your dan certificate or yudansha card.
AFTER YOUR EXAMINATION:
1. Submit your payment.
- Paypal is preferred, submit the payment to: email@example.com.
- If necessary, checks and international money orders made payable to California Aikido Association or CAA may be submitted to CAA mailing address (delays may occur).
- Included in the registration fee for shodan is a new yudansha book and card. Do not submit the $35 fee for a yudansha book.
2. If the application is for nidan and above, the student will mail their yudansha book with seminar attendance to the CAA mailing address. Seminar attendance is required.
3. If the yudansha book is missing, the student should submit a list of seminar attendance with the application. A new yudansha book must be ordered using the document replacement form on the same page as the application form. A $35 fee is required in this case.